Pages

May 11, 2011

Sharp Aquos Phone SH-12C Has 3D Cameras

The HTC EVO 3D and LG Optimus 3D just got themselves a new buddy in the three-dee picture-taking arena in the shape of Sharp's Aquos Phone SH-12C. We know, that name just rolls off the tongue. What's remarkable about the 12C is that the dual cameras on its back go all the way up to 8 megapixels (to the EVO 3D's 5), which will be creating quite the tasty workload for the 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 chip contained within. A qHD (540 x 960) screen resolution also keeps up with HTC's latest, though the 4.2-inch, 3D-capable display on the Aquos offers more pixel density and less in absolute real estate. Android 2.3, replete with some evident customizations, will serve as the OS, and 720p video recording in 3D will also be available when Sharp launches the 12C in Japan on May 20th.
 
 

20 comments:

BigMike said...

But what do the 3d pictures look like... I was thinking about upgrading my htc evo to the evo 30 this summer...

//Love said...

The future is here

b4 said...

This phone looks great but is not available for us :)

Zombie said...

Now I just need the money to buy it! :D

Trolske said...

Wow, insane mobiles, I nedd one of these now.

sp3nny said...

looks like a cool phone

kxxthanxx said...

can't imagine sharp doing a good phone..

Dorsia said...

I like my iphone 4 better

Dave said...

Now that looks really cracking.

ScottD said...

wow cool!

Dave Benzene said...

When was the last time Sharp made a good product

logo mess said...

Great feature, but i dont got across any 3D pic so long. Hope i can get hands on such an device :)

Athanasian Complexio said...

Already got that on my 3DS. And I already have a phone.

I AM THE FUTURE!!!!11!!1!1ONE!!!

BluRayBoy said...

Cool phones man.

13-c-a-t-s said...

another 3D phone? This really is catching on. Think I'd maybe rather have the LG though

CPH said...

Very neat! Always a great read!

brn said...

looks dumb actually.

PaulBlark said...

This could be awesome or this could be horrible and stupid

Blogging Skater said...

phones become higher quality everyday

JerryTerrifying said...

I think I'd reall have to see a live tech demo to be excited about this kind of thing. I've only had limited experience with 3D, a few minutes with a 3DS, and I was not impressed.