Pages

May 10, 2011

Google Ice Cream Sandwich

"One OS that runs everywhere." There you have it, folks! Google intends to meld its Honeycomb tablet wares and Gingerbread smartphone software into one delicious Ice Cream Sandwich. Maybe that's why the "sandwich" bit is in the name? Either way, it'll be a universal OS that runs on everything from teeny tiny Android phones to 10-inch tablets and will intelligently adapt to each form factor with things like a resizable status bar. Some other fancy new additions were added, including face-tracking and camera focus shifting based on voice recognition, but most of the salient details remain under lock and key for now. 
 
 

15 comments:

BigMike said...

I absolutely love my android phone. I have the HTC EVO and i will never go back to anything smaller or non android.

Unknown said...

I want an ice cream sandwich so bad now.

Pappa Püllï said...

Excellent blog! Enjoyed reading it, keep them posts coming =)

Anonymous said...

That ice cream sandwich looks delicious I was hoping it were real :(

Kamatacci said...

I just don't understand why they didn't match up the tablet and smartphone OSs from the start.

Jay said...

...One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them, One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

BluRayBoy said...

Yummm lol

Mike said...

I love ice cream sandwiches.

zepdragon said...

Sounds deliciously amazing

PaulBlark said...

Android FTW!

Anonymous said...

this looks pretty yum!

Anonymous said...

Crap, I'm hungry... again.

phosports said...

thats crazy, and delicious :D

Bob Ross Afro Blog said...

I feel duped! I was hoping Google started making ice cream sandwiches.

MRanthrope said...

ok, thought you were serious for a second. Got kinda freaked out.