Pages

Nov 29, 2011

YouTube Got Nearly 21 Billion Hits in a Month

The latest report from comScore makes for eye popping reading -- Google's video sites, of which YouTube is the most important, received 20,933,113,000 views in October. To put that into some context, that's roughly three videos watched by every person alive on the planet. According to the statistics, YouTubers spent an average of seven hours watching the month's hottest videos (such as Community's Beetlejuice easter egg and Naughty Fenton). Surprisingly, Facebook came second, but viewers spent an measly average of 18 minutes watching last night's karaoke. In other news, Hulu came top for online advertising and Vevo was the most watched partner site, you guys obviously love your Lady Gaga.
 
 

3 comments:

DWei said...

That's crazy, I wonder how many hours were spent on the site.

Outcast said...

That's insane, absolutely insane. I'm trying to wrap my head around how many times that means people visited because I doubt all 6 billion of the worlds population visited four and half times that!

MRanthrope said...

I don't really watch TV anymore and get most of my media fix from streaming sites like youtube. then I'm always using vids from the site on my blog. It makes sense. Still, an INSANE amount of traffic.