Pages

Nov 29, 2011

Seagate Outs Second-gen Momentus XT: a 750GB Hybrid Laptop Drive for $189

Seagate was quick to jump into the hybrid HDD/SSD fray last year, with the decently priced and capableMomentus XT. Now we have a successor with identical branding, but with the HDD upped to 742GB, NAND storage slightly increased to 8GB, plus a faster SATA III 6Gb/s interface. The 'flash-assisted drive' promises to cut boot-up and lag times compared to a standard laptop hard disk, by gradually learning which of your files are popular enough to deserve a spot in that solid state VIP lounge. We're looking at a price of $189, including a five-year warranty, and availability from today.
 
 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cool! If I were richer, I would buy it!

R said...

Seems to be great!

Outcast said...

That's a pretty good thing like man, I'd definitely be up for buying it seriously.

Life, Liberty and Accountability said...

thats so cheap

Heaven. said...

Nice :)

Max Silver said...

Sweet! I approve

clique said...

I can't say this is the most exciting piece of news I've read on your blog, but I wan t to comment anyways because I'm able to today :]