Pages

Oct 15, 2011

Windows 7 Overtakes XP Globally, Vista Found Weeping in a Corner

According to StatCounter, it's taken roughly two years for Redmond's latest to surpass XP and become the world's most popular operating system. October 2011 marks the first time that Windows 7 has overtaken XP globally, with a 40 percent share of the market versus the latter's 38. As for Vista, it's been holding steady at around 11. Not that it's much of a surprise, as in North America, Windows 7 took the crown back in April of this year. Rounding out the top five, are OS X (though it's not clear whether that captures all of Cupertino's beasts) and Linux, which come in at 7 and 0.82 percent respectively.
 
 

5 comments:

Outcast said...

I've never used Windows 7 before but I absolutely love XP, it's a million times better than Vista in my opinion. Windows 7 probably deserves to be where it is though, I've heard it's excellent.

Crisalys said...

Posting from Win7 here. I gotta say I love it.

MRanthrope said...

I hang my head in shame as a lowly Vista user =/

The Offender said...

Poor Vista. Still would take it over Mac, or Linux. Mac because it is cancer, Linux due its long setup time.

Gnyrll said...

I loved XP a LOT, but 7 is just as good in my opinion :) sticking with 7