Pages

Oct 8, 2011

These Google Designed Nikes Are Proof That Google Has No Taste

The Nike Air Mags, though not the prettiest shoe, represent a sort of nostalgic geek beauty. These Google designed Nike Dunks though? Just plain fugly. Even the geekiest, worst-dressed Googler would never be caught in these.

Sure, I get that it's a complete gag gift of a shoe but still! They use the old hilarious Google logo complete with the exclamation point. And is that Google Maps underneath the Swoosh? Just what the hell is going on here.

The sneakers were designed by Evan Steinberg, Google Community Manager for Android and signed by Larry Page. Are we sure it wasn't Steinberg's niece or nephew who made these? 
 
 

9 comments:

Vale ♥ said...

I couldn't agree more ! Great blog, I'd like us to follow each other, are you interested ? Kisses

Fashion and Cookies
My Twitter

Outcast said...

Wow. I have to admit you're completely right with this. These are utterly horrible. As you say, even the most geeky gamer probably wouldn't fancy being caught in these things!

Technosauce said...

I hope Google is joking.

Maude Lynn said...

Those are some seriously ugly shoes!

Electric Addict said...

yea couldn't agree more. UGLY

Lord Phrozen said...

To be fair, the guy didn't major in fashion design so he knows shit about what he's doing.

Kyran said...

Ugh. Although any time I see dunks they usually have the color scheme of a box of Nerds anyway. An ugly shoe overall in my opinion.

The Offender said...

Those are truly hideous. I think a nice basic black would be far better.

Tikalhammy said...

He really should have just used the Google colors and call it day. It truly does look terrible.