Pages

Oct 1, 2011

Happy 40th Birthday, Disney World!

Today marks the 40th birthday of the largest, most visited amusement park in the world, Walt Disney World. Part of Walt Disney's dream for the theme park was a planned community where people could live with the technology of the future, today. Although that dream was never literallyrealized, the spirit of technology runs strong throughout the park. Disney World has always been about creating the most magical experience possible with the most cutting edge technology available.


17 comments:

Crisalys said...

40 years and I've never visited Disney World. Hopefully I'll be able visit it some day.

Anonymous said...

I've never even been there :)

The Offender said...

They should bring back the ticket system. I miss the "E ticket" rides.

Lord Phrozen said...

It's been 40 years already? I never really noticed.

Anonymous said...

I have to go!!

fowardfrank said...

i prefer Disneyland to Disneyworld.

Content Hedgehog said...

I actually went to Disney Land a couple months ago. Never been to Disney World though...

Miss Teacher said...

I've never been to Disney Land or World... not even Euro Disney.

Gizmo said...

Nice!

Outcast said...

I visited the place and wasn't fond of it to be honest. I preferred Universal Studios Islands of Adventures way more than Disney to be honest.

LegendsParody said...

whew 40 years, great post + follow

Maybe you. said...

i don't give a fck bout disneyworld... mudfights in the vineyard ftw

JOutlaw said...

I've been to all but the California Disney park (I think there is one in California at least) and have a lot of great childhood memories of them.

My favorite one being kicking Chip in the knee and having him curse at me in french..... or maybe it was Dale.

Bart said...

im glad i dont like amusement parks :D

Unknown said...

I've never been to disey world :(
but one day I will go there :D

MRanthrope said...

I heard they thawed out Walt Disney to celebrate the occasion.

Yen said...

whooow i wish i could visit disney