Pages

Aug 10, 2011

Nintendo to Release Flame Red 3DS Console Next Month

The console, which launched earlier this summer in Japan as the Red Flare, will hit stores next month (alongside the new Star Fox 64 3D game), joining a 3DS lineup that already features Cosmo Black and Aqua Blue.

The company will also be releasing two new games this winter -- Super Mario 3D Land in November and Mario Kart 7 in December -- in the hopes of rectifying its disappointing Q2 earnings report with a strong holiday campaign. Only time will tell whether or not it has any effect on Nintendo's bottom line, but if you're interested in adding a touch of Santa-like cheer to your yuletide gaming season, you can grab a Flame Red console on September 9th, for $170.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks even nicer with red design!

Shockgrubz said...

I was hoping for fire-engine red, not cherry. Oh well.

Shaw said...

Rather have black

Luke MacLaughlin said...

Cool- I'm sure my kids will be wanting one. At least that's what I'll tell my wife so I can play Mario Kart 7. Yeah, that's the ticket...

ChazWellington said...

these things are still overpriced. i dont think releasing a new color will aspire anyone to buy one

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Prefer my consoles to be neutral colors and less distracting...

fatbloodyfinger said...

I was hoping to get my 3DS in red back at launch. Ended getting the black one.

Bloggerage said...

Pretty cheap now too!

Legitcheater said...

Just what we needed..