Pages

Jul 8, 2011

Western Digital's My Book Studio Jumps to 3TB

Hard to say how long WD's going to keep its My Book line. Thy just announced a gently refreshed version of its My Book Studio, now available in capacities reaching 3TB and sporting a flashy new exterior that should blend right into your Mac Pro + Cinema Display setup.

These new models are equipped with a brushed aluminum casing and rely on Western Digital's Caviar Green HDDs to handle the ints and outs. You'll also find FireWire 800, FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 interfaces, meaning that Thunderbolt aficionados should probably be turning their nose up right about now. The new guys are available with pricing set at $149.99 (1TB), $199.99 (2TB) and $249.99 (3TB).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting news, I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for a nice external. Great post.

gimpel said...

im a big fan of WD i think they make the best hhd´s

Zombie said...

puts my 1.5 TB hard drive to shame...

MArk said...

I just saw a 1TB in an ad for 59.99

I'm just pissed I bought a 500gb a couple years ago for 109.99

Anonymous said...

I bought the 1 TB one a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know there was a 3 TB one.

whatshouldibuytoday said...

I've never even filled up my 1 TB yet... lol

Atley said...

Score! that is pretty cheap for a full TB! and for that sleek design I would buy it. If it just came with USB 3.0 LOL

Makel said...

Man I need some more HDD space. I really want a solid state drive one day, speed everything up some.

Mikemage said...

Jesus! What could I fill it up with?? Keep me posted, this is good news! +

D22 Zone said...

Great work on the blog! keep up the good content!

Mark said...

They look pretty nice, and I must admit, seemingly reasonably priced too.

Electric Addict said...

so much space!