Pages

Jul 15, 2011

iPhone 4 Case And IR Remote

Mashed Pixel's Surc iPhone 4 case is finally ready take on the challenge of making Apple's slab a universal remote now that it's on sale for a mere $74.95. The built in MicroUSB hookup and included cable means it can stay on even while charging before jumping into action when the companion app is opened on the phone. It can be controlled via buttons, gestures or motion control, with plenty of programmability built in.

The only downside we can find is that this is definitely a goner whenever you upgrade to Steve's next iThing, and it means leaving the sweet, potentially reception-improving case you already picked out behind.

11 comments:

LeroyBig said...

A universal remote sounds infinitely useful on an iPhone.

Dylanthulhu said...

I thought the era of the iPhone was coming to a close, but with tech like this it's looking more like the iPhone may not be quite finished yet.

AllWiredAdmin said...

Oh man, how I wish my place was set to remote control. How almost unnecessary, yet completely rad if you had the money.

Ready to Grow said...

I love my android

dwizzt said...

that's so mint.

Unknown said...

Pretty cool... for an iphone

Android FTW!
+followed!

Electric Addict said...

sweet case

The Liquor Guy said...

yay! new ways to be lazy!

RainbowLungs said...

Part of Apples scheme, consume, upgrade and consume again! Good info

Keine Scheisse said...

I prefer buying a universal controller than an that. I guess fanboys don't agree with me

SamArmy said...

Pretty awesome!