Pages

Dec 8, 2010

Samsung Nexus S: The New Official Google Phone

The new Google phone has 16GB of internal storage and 512MB of RAM, as well as a gyroscope and VoIP support. It's got a 1GHz Cortex A8-based Hummingbird and 4-inch 800x480 Super AMOLED screen, just like the Samsung's Galaxy Seseseses, which are available on every carrier. So it's not a tremendous leap forward in terms of specs, but it's still an attractive option for those looking for a pure, Google-approved Android experience. It'll be available unlocked or on T-Mobile, though according to Google's product page it doesn't support T-Mo's 4G-ish HSPA+ network.

There's a 5MP camera on its back and a VGA camera on the front, and, maybe most uniquely, its 4-inch "Contour Display" is curved to better cradle your face when you're chatting someone up,

But they also noted that "the case also feels somewhat cheap, unlike the solid feel of the iPhone and some previous Android phones."

You'll be able to get your hands on a Nexus S on December 16, unlocked for $529 or with a 2 year T-Mobile plan for $199, at Best Buy locations or directly through Google.


20 comments:

stm said...

watched a video demo on this phone. most interesting feature was speech-to-text.

the demonstrator spoke quickly and normally, the phone translated flawlessly. the idea is to move away from finger texting.

Cpt Pownzor said...

ahhhh yeah. supposedly this phone is wicked fast for browsing. Cant wait to try it out for myself.

Mister Sharaf said...

google is future skynet

Willow said...

So when are you buying me one? lol

Amberclad said...

well yeah it looks a bit cheap... prefer the desire hd :D

Buff Drinklots said...

I'll check it out.

Gurney said...

nice!

SuciƓ Sanchez said...

A lot of dosh. Will stick with my 5 year old 'berry.

MarkoManager said...

Lovely post...

Sinisa said...

I want one...

Anonymous said...

STM what is the point of voice texting? Isn't that the same as talking? I mean..call someone and talk to them...lol

The Angry Vegetarian said...

that's impressive! do I really need to say that I want one?

noog said...

dammit, i'm still stuck with a myTouch...

Sam said...

This is the new iPhone

Smatchimo said...

god... there are no "new iphones" until the iphone 5... stop saying it. i will not be buying any iphone, i much prefer a droid. any "new droid....."

Joel C Anatoli said...

Oh yes!!

Thats the phone I was waiting for. Finally it came out, and I just broke my Galaxy S!

Perfect timing!

MRanthrope said...

I love my Samsung TVs....my samsung phones have been less than desirable.

The Champ said...

Sweet!

Diego said...

I need a new cellphone =(

honkhonkpt said...

I would not mind a new phone... I've been seeing ads for this everywhere!