Pages

Sep 14, 2010

The Facebook Movie is "One of the Must-See Films of the Year"

An early preview of The Social Network has had reviewers foaming at the mouth, with /Film's Peter Sciretta declaring it as his "favorite movie of the year (so far)." Yes, this is the film about Zuckerberg creating Facebook.

While it wasn't the final cut, the movie was screened for a few select publications, and casting a quick eye over their initial thoughts, this could very well turn out to be an award-winner. 

Sciretta wrote that "after returning home from the screening, I was tempted to read the screenplay - that's how good it is."

The Sydney Morning Herald was equally complimentary. "This is an astounding film about one of the most important seismic shifts in communication in the modern age, and the way innovation and ethics are not often related."

Acknowledging that the content could scare people off with visions of coding and typeface arguments, Cinematical said in their preview that "with The Social Network, director David Fincher and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin turn some fairly dry, nerdy content about fairly dry, nerdy characters into one of the must-see films of the year, and they don't waste any time getting right to it."

31 comments:

Swarmster said...

defintely gonna see it!

Bub said...

hey,im supportin' you daily,pls do aswell:D

David said...

I'm just showing my daily support,it would be awesome if you returned the fovor!

Mr. Derp said...

I'm not interested but yet David Fincher's work always intrigues me.

Anne on a mouse said...

Wow, i always thought it would be a massive faliure

hunter time said...

it looks interesting. i wonder how much of it will be factual tho

Buff Gamer said...

It seems like it could be interesting. I'm sure I will see it when it comes out on DVD.

razortek said...

cool :D

wtfiniggagun.blogspot.com

check also this to find new interesting blogs to luv daily

thefuckinlist.blogspot.com

chasityxo said...

lol at a facebook movie, this should be interesting

www.epicfood.org said...

i wanna see it

Anonymous said...

its a defff wanna see.
Supp all your posts

Savage Nugget said...

I saw this trailer at the opening of Piranha 3D. :D

Ante Babaja said...

im gonny see it

ramrod360 said...

This movie is probably going to break records if all the facebook members go out to see it.

EarthSpark420 said...

Can't wait til it comes out, definitely gotta see it.

David Davidson said...

Ehhh.... I'm skeptical as to how good this movie will really be.

I'll wait for the critics to see it first.

Oscar said...

cant wait to see it!

JRam said...

I haven't really paid any attention to this movie. I'm going to have to see what this is about.

Silly Old Bum said...

i want to see it :o

Spencer said...

LOL will see

Crammarc said...

I wonder if this is the true story or did this guy actually steal the idea and this is one way hes trying to cover it up???

J Mo said...

I don't think I'll be seeing it :3

Keep up the good blog!

Lil Pee said...

Hmm i was somewhat turned off by the movie.. but I've been known to be wrong.

Drea said...

This could very well be the apex of the facebook craze. I've started to think that people will shy away from Facebook in the next 2-3 years, and in 5-10 it won't exist anymore.

yoshiface2.blogspot.com said...

I'm kinda meh on the whole thing, I mean good for them and whatnot...not sure if I'll see it yet

hotfluffypankake said...

I saw the trailer on TV for this while I was eating dinner. I'm intrigued yet skeptical and then mildly amused. But I'll probably end up see it, bro. Thanks!

Sparrow said...

showing my support for a fellow blogger!

AG said...

looks so gay... guy looks like moot

LivingChaos said...

I'll get around to seeing it eventually. Probably when the next big thing takes over instead of Facebook.

down2brasstax said...

ugh facebook -.- dont think it really needs a movie

HuyenPham said...

A similar showbox application, allowing people to watch movies, allows people to download movies. Update the hottest movies available at showboxvpn.