Pages

Aug 8, 2012

A Deck Chair For Those Who Trust in Science



This deck chair might look a little dangerous to the untrained eye, but for those who place confidence in physics it looks like the perfect spot to kick back and relax.

The design, after all, relies purely on friction between the chair, wall and floor to remain standing. But for those who still feel a little nervous, you can rest assured that it also uses a special anti-slip coating, to ensure that the wood safely grips most surfaces. You can order one direct from Burkard, too—though be prepared to stump up $300 in the process. More here.



3 comments:

Outcast said...

This item is another piece of genius although I won't lie, I would feel very nervous every time I would go to sit on it if I was able to shell out 300 pounds for one of these.

darlin said...

I love this concept, sure it would take a bit to get used to this but what a fantastic idea for those who have limited storage space. I'm sure it wouldn't cost much to actually make one of these, a few 2x4s, some solid material and a few anti-grip covers for the legs, paint it any color you'd like and away you go. Thanks for the idea, not sure if I'll ever try it but I never know from one minute to the next what I might be doing.

Cheers.

Funny Pets said...

I trust in religion not science!!