Pages

Jun 8, 2012

Guy Gets Double Arm Transplant, Does World’s Best Robot Dance Move to Celebrate

I love sad stories with happy ending. This gentleman is Gabriel Granados Vergara, a 52-year-old man lost both arms below the elbows, charred beyond repair in an electrical accident. But thanks to an unnamed 34-year-old shooting victim, he got them back.

The double arm transplant was performed by Dr. Martin Iglesias at the National Institute of Medical Science and Nutrition in Mexico City. Granados, who is a government agent working for Mexico City's prosecutors' office, was very happy: "This is wonderful that after being without hands for some time, all of a sudden I see new hands."  More here.

1 comment:

Outcast said...

I'm so pleased for this guy haha, I bet he's overjoyed to have hands again, I can't imagine how much life without hands would suck.