Pages

Jun 21, 2012

The Galaxy S III Is Trying So Hard It Catches Fire

The new Samsung Galaxy S III is a great phone that's just trying too hard. So hard, in fact, that it's bursting into flames under the pressure.

Engadget is reporting a case of the phone catching fire while being used in an in-car holster. Apparently the device sparked into white flames, before making a loud bang. What's left is a pretty substantial burn and a reasonable amount of molten plastic. Fortunately, nobody was injured. Samsung has since announced:
"Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question. Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously." More here.

4 comments:

The Geeks Paradise said...

I'm due for an upgrade in a couple months and was planning on getting the SIII. I think I'll hold off a bit and see if they get this worked out.

MRanthrope said...

now that's what I call being, "fired up" haha

RCB said...

A loud bang... really? Now let me think who could use one of these.....

Jim said...

Wow, I wasn't expecting that to happen. If only my iPhone would try that hard and catch fire...