Pages

May 5, 2012

Change the Shape of This Lamp With the Pull of a String

Overhead lighting is possibly the least flexible way to illuminate a room. Flip a switch, the bulb goes on, and light shines down. End of story. It you want to switch up the lighting for, say, a little more mood, you're out of luck. Unless you've chosen the impossibly clever Greta pendant lamp, which can throw light onto your ceiling with the pull of a drawstring.

Designed by Whatswhat, a trio of young designers who met at school, Greta began as a class project but is now a fully-realized piece which can add some personality to your living room. The 22-inch tall lamp comes in six colors and is priced like the attractive centerpiece it is. But some will find it worth it for the ability to see a room in a new light by pulling a string. More here.

11 comments:

grins said...

You have some really neat stuff here. I'll post the rest of that story tomorrow

Brian Miller said...

ha...going to show this to my wife...she will love it....she is all into the decorating creatively...

annoymouse said...

Thats pretty neat!! I would love to have that in my room!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, thanks so much for stopping by my blog about The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I really appreciate it!

Alucard0691 said...

Oh, I love stuff like this!

unikorna said...

very ingenious :)

And said...

It's a really great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

Outcast said...

Now this is just pure genius, I'd love to be able to own one of those lamps.

L-Diggitty said...

Oh, this is so cool!!!!! I wonder how hard it would be to make one... don't worry, I'm not going to try because I'd totally electrocute myself :)

Michael said...

Crazy stuff they come out with now. Awesome idea.

Anonymous said...

tissue paper lol