Pages

Dec 1, 2011

YouTube Goes Under the Knife, new Homepage and Social Integration Emerge

Falling into lockstep with Google's quest to redesign everything, YouTube officially unveiled a radical new look for its twenty billion strong video site. Now sporting a more somber look, the homepage is now dominated by a center feed hosting content, which is flanked on its left by a list of channels in a quasi-navigation bar. 

Besides hosting channels, that navbar also features Google+ and (opt-in) Facebook tabs, allowing you to peruse content friends are sharing and interacting with. Also tweaked are channels, which are now more easily customizable thanks to the addition of snazzy new templates.
 
 

3 comments:

Outcast said...

I believe if something isn't broken then you shouldn't attempt to fix it but maybe it will okay, I'm going to go and check it out now.

I just liked it and found it aesthetically unpleasant to be honest but it isn't as bad as it could have been so I won't complain about it for sure.

R said...

I don't like the new design...

Red13 said...

what! I'm checkin this out for sure