Pages

Aug 13, 2011

Firefox 6 Breaks out Ahead of Schedule

It looks like the sly fox is ready to make its worldwide debut a few days early. In typical Mozilla fashion, a complete build of Firefox 6 is now unofficially available for your downloading pleasure, three days ahead of schedule.

 If you're looking for a major facelift to the desktop edition, you won't find one here -- most of the new features aren't cosmetic. Perhaps most visibly, you'll find the domain name of the page you're parked on highlighted in the address bar.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news. :D

James Deagle said...

Hmm...why is it that only employers insist on the use of Internet Explorer?

ChazWellington said...

look up nightly. its like firefox 8 in the works but is open for beta testing. its great

MUFCfollowers said...

Time to upgrade I think. I've been with firefox for a while now plus opera for phones. +followed

Kyran said...

Oh sweetness! Always welcome new editions of Firefox as long as it doesn't break my add-ons. Hopefully some performance tuning and security improvements.

Shaw said...

Chrome is still best

Mochileiro said...

I quit of firefox before ff4, many erros.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing

Bloggerage said...

hopefully it doesnt break my add-ons. Other then that, I am looking foward to using it! Thanks!

Filed Under Bass said...

I haven't used Firefox for a good 2-3 years so hopefully this is a lot different.

fatbloodyfinger said...

I'll wait until the addons are fixed.

Legitcheater said...

I hope it doesn't get any slower :l

cezary said...

maybe it'll be better than 5th one

Electric Addict said...

i still like chrome better but i have FF installed as well

Anonymous said...

This is good news. Hopefully will be a bit faster.

Dilord said...

Now I wonder if it still can beat chrome. Chrome is kind of part of my computer now. I never ever have used any other browser after I used chrome. Will this change my mind?