Pages

Jul 7, 2011

US Army Bans Toe Shoes for Looking So Damn Goofy

FiveFingers running shoes and the rest of the quasi-barefoot movement are a pretty zealous bunch—they wear a pretty polarizing shoe. But the debate is now quashed in the military, with an official ban. Why? They look too silly.

According to an official Army memo, FiveFingers and any similar shoes "that feature five separate, individual compartments for the toes" are banished from military footsies on the grounds that they "detract from a professional military image."
 
 

18 comments:

minecraft129 said...

HAHA these things are like so practical, unfortunately they are only worn by weird people and hipsters now.

Guy Movie Blogger said...

I don't blame them. I've only seen weirdos wearing them...

Electric Addict said...

wouldn't that be uncomfortable?

GMizzle said...

lol at these monkey shoes

Asty said...

looks comfortable, but i wouldn't want to be seen in them

Funny Pets said...

I think that if someone want to wear those shoes, they should go big or go home and either run barefoot or wear shoes! Pet shoes! the next big thing.

LM said...

Lol, interesting and weird.

Schullerboii said...

lol looks like they would be nice to use off the road

Zombie said...

I'd probably feel like a ninja in these damn things. lol.

StigmataHandjob said...

Hahah. that's so absurd. The shoes AND the reaction.

Unknown said...

yeah those look week. probably do the job

Kamatacci said...

I can't believe the army allowed those in the first place. Do they allow Crocs too?

Roysizzle said...

LOL those are some sick slippers bro. SWAG.

DIYgaming said...

I know someone who wears these

Mark said...

They do look kind of silly, I've never really got the appeal of these, an toe socks.

Kate said...

I tried some of these on. the only thing I said was, "I CANT FEEL MY TOES!"

it was strange... never again.

Shaw said...

Finally the army does something right

Sam said...

I think they look cool