Pages

Jul 10, 2011

Pioneer's SE-CL331 Earbuds are Just Begging to Be Washed

The first-ever earbuds designed to be drenched they aren't, but they just might be one of the first to actually be "washable." Sure enough, Pioneer's new SE-CL331 headphones ($59.99) -- available in white, pink and bright blue hues -- can reportedly be "soaked and washed after every sports session without damaging sensitive electronic equipment." 

Furthermore, they boast a newfangled ear holder that keeps 'em in place while your body's in motion, and there's a two-layer mesh and rubber ring that'll prevent water from seeping in while submerged up to one meter of goop. The built-in 9mm drivers probably won't live up to Westone standards, but then again, you can't exactly take your ES5s into the kiddie pool.
 
 

18 comments:

Zombie said...

I could use some of those when I am on my runs. :D

Alfonsommer said...

hahahha very nice +follow

Guy Movie Blogger said...

Nice, these could be handy for running in the rain and stuff.

Jessica Thompson said...

Sounds useful!
alphabetalife.blogspot.com

Zach said...

Yeah it seems like they would be good in the rain/wet environment

Anonymous said...

Yes, seems like a useful development.

Jon said...

hmm washable ear buds

Carm said...

hmm I've been running for years and I've never thought that I should wash my headphones. :\

Dwrek said...

I have a jacket with earbuds in it I can wash.

ChazWellington said...

wait.. so they dont have underwater headphones yet?

Legitcheater said...

not useful to me. is cool though

Nope said...

that's a pretty good idea, I'm sure I'd use them underwater more than just washing them, I've never felt the need to wash my earphones.

Sam said...

Do they have noise cancelling?

Mark said...

That is pretty interesting, but I'm not sure what you can plug them into that's waterproof lol.

Electric Addict said...

this is brilliant, my headphones get dirty after the rugged use i put them through

Shaw said...

Well for 60 bucks they better be special

cezary said...

awesome something for me!

Garret said...

This might also be a great thing for surfers and other people that spend a lot of their time in/around water. Just got to find a way to waterproof my ipod now :s