Pages

Jul 29, 2011

A Canoe That Can Fit Inside a Backpack

Ori Levin designed a full sized canoe that's completely collapsable and can be stored in a bag that's only 5 x 9 x 28 inches big. Basically, you can have a boat in your backpack.

Called the Adhoc Canoe, it only weighs 9 pounds and takes 5 minutes to assemble. The frame of the canoe is made with carbon fiber and the hull is made of aramid (a synthetic fabric used in racing sails). The boat comes together in a "double wishbone-like structure" formed using telescopic poles. Probably not comfy but certainly clever. Sadly, Levin has no plans to bring the Adhoc Canoe to the mass market.


6 comments:

Zombie said...

I dont think I would feel safe in that dang thing...

Mark said...

I don't think I'd feel safe in it either, but I'm not likely to go near water anyway.

Dylanthulhu said...

Yeah, I don't think I'd go anywhere near that.

SoreLosersGaming said...

I wouldn't trust a canoe that can fit in a bag. Not for me at all.

Fallow said...

That's badass...

ScrewsAndFeathers said...

Wow, that's pretty neat :D.