Pages

Jun 5, 2011

LG LW5600 3D LCD HDTV

Right out of the box the LW5600 impressed with its design, it's a slim edge-lit LED model and while the bezel is wide, from the side it is incredibly slim measuring at just 1.2-inches thick. There aren't any annoying lit-up logos on the front, with the only light coming from the power / standby indicator that can be toggled to off in the settings. The power and volume controls mounted at the lower right are touch sensitive and although easy to use and responsive, they can be hard to find since they don't light up. The stand matches the rest of the frame with an unassuming design that keeps the 49-pound screen steady while also easily swiveling left or right so we could access the inputs on the back. HDMI (2) and USB (2) jacks are mounted on the side where they're easily accessible.

That slim frame means you'll need to use the included dongle to connect any component video inputs, Ethernet cables or headphones in the rear. 
 
 

20 comments:

GamerGanz said...

Nice, I could really get some gameplay done with that thing.

InfoTube said...

Looks good! Makes me wish I had more $. :P

Kopite said...

Sweet display to pla MW3, BF3 and Duke Nukem

el jeffe said...

man, nothin' like hi-def

Skaerf said...

Shit, I need a new TV, will have to check this out! Thx :D

John said...

Looks like a perfect addition to any gaming battle station.

Alexander said...

what's the retail price?

Sean said...

Hmmm I play everything off a computer so I wouldn;t need one of these

Anonymous said...

I wish I have enough money to get something big like that.

Zach said...

I need a bigger TV, mines only a 19" :(

Breakingbrokers said...

Cant wait for these 3DS to come affordable

Shahan said...

It's almost as good as my screen, looks quite nice.

I might of considered buying it actually.

Great blog, informative posts. Followed, looking forward to your future posts!


Take a look at my blogs sometime:
http://serenityindex.blogspot.com/

ScottD said...

nice

Whitelight said...

Great post :D!

Jay said...

looks great.

Icepax_Nmir said...

I'm looking for a new tv, this might be the one... thx!

Abandoned said...

design? i want them to come with an oval shaped TV. Then we shall talk.

Dejch said...

nice tv

Daniel said...

waiting for 3d whitout glasses

lovebloggin said...

that thing is beautiful