Pages

Jun 2, 2011

Crux Loaded Case Almost Turns Your iPad Into a Laptop for $250

Plenty of people are happy using the iPad as Apple intended -- as a tablet -- but some of you have been searching for a way to add a sleek keyboard and trackpad to the device since day one. The Crux Loaded clamshell case brings both input devices to the mix, and even packs an external battery within its base, adding 7.5 hours of juice. Sound good? Unfortunately, you'll need to wait until fall to shell out a whopping $249 for the case.

You'll also need to hand over $30 for a remote desktop app if you plan to use the combo to control your computer (no, Crux hasn't found a way to run OS X natively on the iPad, as the image above might imply). With its netbook-like price, however, we'd rather keep our wallets Loaded than pay $249 for a case -- but if you've been dying for a way to make your tablet slightly more functional, you may be in luck later this year.
 
 

16 comments:

CPH said...

Looks like a laptop to me!

Also, I've been away for a while, but now I'm back! Just leaving this little "P.S." to blogs I enjoy and want to know that I'm still here!

trippinkets said...

very pointless imo, tablets that is.

just buy a netbook call it a day.

psychpost said...

kinda cool, i still prefer a read laptop though

psychpost said...

real*

Anonymous said...

thats very expensive but ok i guess its better for handling. ill buy this for my ipad eventually

Lucky13 said...

I'd rather go buy a standalone tablet for the same price than this add-on to an ipad.

Maquina said...

haha i can't even afford an ipod

Zombie said...

Thats actually pretty cool! :D

Xenototh said...

If you already spent a crapload on the iPad, then you are used to spending an obscene amount of money. Their pricing is about right.

TK1927 said...

Haha, I'd buy it.

Unknown said...

Oh man... crazy idea.

RedHeadRob said...

I'd rather just buy a laptop for cheaper than all of that iPad + laptop business.

Don't people buy tablets, because they want a tablet?

Bob Ross Afro Blog said...

I'd just buy a laptop.. l o l

Dejch said...

this is definitly a laptop

Anonymous said...

Rather just buy a laptop.

The Geeks Paradise said...

I like the concept. Sometimes a laptop is just more convenient than a tablet. Especially when you're going to be doing a lot of writing. If I had an Ipad I would definitely check it out.