Pages

May 5, 2011

Sony Ericsson Announces new Generation of Xperia Smartphones

Sony Ericsson has just outed a brand new pair of compact Xperia smartphones. The new Xperia Mini will run Android Gingerbread (2.3) on a 3-inch, multitouch, scratch-resistant display, which comes with Sony's proprietary Bravia Engine with Reality Display. There's a 1GHz processor inside, access to Android Market, and home screen customization with custom shortcuts available in the four corners of the screen. A 30 percent improvement in battery life is also touted, courtesy of a larger cell. SE is also pretty jolly about having the world's smallest smartphone capable of recording video in 720p HD. You'll be able to grab yours in one of four different colors this August.
 
 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the compact size, and the full keyboard.

Unknown said...

qwerty keyboard is always a win.

Bob said...

Yeah the full keyboard is nice. I don't have one and thought I would like it, but I miss the feel of pressing actual buttons.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to it. I remember when my Droid came out I thought I had the best of the best. Which may have been true, at least for a few days.

Guy Movie Blogger said...

Love the full keyboard! I'm a big Sony fan so I'd love to get my hands on one of these.

Spencer BrightSide said...

This looks like a pretty decent phone, but my terrible history with past Ericsson models begs me to not have anything to do with it. Will this phone actually be worth anything?

Sinclair said...

The keyboard looks nice.

Teen Book Reviewer said...

It's so small! cool

-E- said...

i've always wanted a keyboard like that. i still have a stylus.

Zombie said...

Looks kinda like a white version of my non smart phone I have now...

zepdragon said...

If it's Android I like it :)

kokocola said...

anyone else love that the name of the os is gingerbread?

Sean said...

Eh..I probably won't get it. I'm too cheap to buy a phone like this

Give Everything said...

i like the cellphone! good post, see u

Anonymous said...

neat, if I go for an android, I might get this one. I'll keep my eyes open