Pages

May 6, 2011

Samsung's Shutter Glasses Fets a Price Cut

Following its pledge to make 3D TV experience more affordable, Samsung's just announced a price drop on the rest of its active shutter glasses lineup.

 The entry-level SSG-3100GB went from $129.99 down to just $49.99 last month; and now the better-looking SSG-3300CR plus SSG-3300GR reduced by $50 down to $129.99, along with the swanky SSG-3700CR(pictured above) getting a $70 discount to just $149.99. Of course, these premium spectacles are still far from affordable compared to their passive counterparts, so it'll be interesting to see if Samsung's attempt to lure more 3D viewers will work at all.



16 comments:

Gheko said...

I wonder if it's because nobody is taking to the hassle of 3D..

Sean said...

they look stupid. sorry....I would prefer the bulky ones they give in theaters to this

Zombie said...

not gonna lie but they look kinda dorky...

Oivvad said...

The worst thing they could try to do is make 3D glasses stylish or cool. It's not going to happen.

Blog Hunt said...

i wonder so too, gheko.

ScottD said...

I agree would rather wear giant bulky glasses

Kicking Rocks said...

the day they make imax available for your homes, will be the day i accept something 3d into my home.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to move on to 3d. I just don't see the appeal

zepdragon said...

3D is cool, but waiting for it to reach the consumer at a fair price and the point where extra accessories are not required for viewing

xph34rx said...

Wow. Well, if I had the money for a 3D TV I dont know that it would effect me much. But as poor as I am now it makes it seem slightly more affordable.

Potholderz said...

Damn that's still pretty pricey if you had to buy a bunch of them.

Unknown said...

They have style, I'll give em that.

Give Everything said...

nice glasses dude!

13-c-a-t-s said...

I've actually seen them for around that price for a while, retailers have been discounting them

The Awesome Alien said...

thats them blue blockers

Unknown said...

great informative post!