Pages

Apr 6, 2011

These Bike Inner Tubes Wince When Punctured, and Then Self-Seal

Michelin's developed new bike inner tube tech to cut down on the devastation a puncture brings when you're out riding. The Protek Max tubes contain a sealant which sees punctures compress and then self-seal, meaning you can hop back on that bike instantly.

The surface of the inner tube is actually visibly different to traditional tubes, with little raised bumps that stop them from twisting. They also aid the self-healing process, by making the rubber compress (as opposed to expanding.) The air pressure theoretically should close the hole, with the inbuilt sealant then locking them up.

On sale now, they cost around $9 in two different sizes.
 
 

6 comments:

Nope said...

Only $9 that's pretty good for something so awesome. I'm going to have to look into that, I hate punctures.

Jay said...

if only they had those prices for automobiles...

Zombie said...

I think I may just put these tires on my car. lol.

elexerdelex said...

did they not already have this for automobiles?
But for 9 dollar, even I might buy this! (I'm from bikeland ;) )

vashrave said...

9 bux? woah i love how technology flies when it develops.

spaceman said...

That's pretty cool, and for $9?
I'd be into that.
Sweet post/ cool blog man.
Following/supporting.


I'm at
Limitfears.blogspot.com
+
wordslol.blogspot.com
if you'd like to check me back :D