Pages

Apr 25, 2011

Shock! Microsoft’s BSOD Will Actually be a Black Screen of Death in Windows 8

Microsoft's Blue Screen of Death has been simultaneously worrying and pissing people off since Windows 1.0. No doubt trying to add a bit of sexy glamour to an otherwise frustrating experience, Microsoft's next OS looks to include a black screen.

The change in colors (well, color to an absence of color) was dug up in an early build of Windows 8. It's possible Microsoft could have a change in heart and decide not to paint everything in black—after all, early copies of Windows 98 and Vista showed a Red Screen of Death. It's just as well they defaulted back to the BSOD—I would've had a heart attack seeing a blood-red RSOD flashing up.

24 comments:

The Awesome Alien said...

black president black disney princess now a black bsod

Anonymous said...

I want my real BSOD back

Anonymous said...

It looks a lot nicer and less scary

Zombie said...

I dont see color, all I see is the screen of death...

-E- said...

@=dgrphx= i refer you to my post on equivocation.

Nope said...

I think black is a good choice, 'BSOD' still covers it.

zepdragon said...

Same security flaws, new looks

Astronomy Pirate said...

Does Windows 7 have a BSOD, I haven't ever seen it?

DFP said...

There should be no screen of death. C'mon MS.

Rolo said...

danngit i've conditioned myself to always worry when i see a blue screen. At least I've won't immediately lose it when i see a black screen of death.

Jay said...

dum dum DUM!

spaceman said...

Finally! I can be friends with blue again :D :P

Following/supportin, dope blog yo.

Limitfears.blogspot.com

J.R. said...

Don't think I've had a single BSOD with 7. Used to have them all the time on my older ocmputer

Miyamoto Karyuu said...

i see nothing, im dead.. get it?

Jessica Thompson said...

Wow, that BSOD actually looks sexy. I'd love to get that haha. Following and supporting. alphabetalife.blogspot.com

Dr Shankums said...

I'll miss my blue screen of death when I'm getting driver issues :(

Dave said...

damn, i actually liked that color. at least microsoft is deciding to change a few things, even a little bit. great blog, following =]

MRanthrope said...

wow...now thats change you can believe in.

Skeng said...

Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Unknown said...

Doesn't look as worrying as blue screen...

Give Everything said...

is funny cause when i get a blue screen on my pc i think "theres nothing really bad with my computer or whatsoever, this happens just because microsoft screw it"

Anonymous said...

black has always been associated with bad things though, right? =]

13-c-a-t-s said...

That's just so they can include in the press release that Windows 8 will not blue screen.
It's like when he said the 360 slim couldn't get the RROD but that was because it no longer had the same ring not because they'd fixed the issue.

Inhia said...

"this year we put a 12 on the label"