Pages

Apr 6, 2011

Samsung's 3D TV Experience Is Getting Cheaper

As the battle between active and passive 3D glasses display technology heats up, Samsung has responded by announcing its cheapest pair of active shutter 3D glasses will cost $50 (previously $130) beginning May 1st. Additionally, all of its 3D-capable 2011 HDTVs will come with two pairs of glasses packed in, unless the purchase is eligible for the Megamind/Shrek starter kit that already comes with them. This move comes just as FPR-based displays from LG, Vizio, Toshiba and Philips hit the marketplace.  
 
 

15 comments:

Guy Movie Blogger said...

Hmm this sounds promising. 3D is cool and all, but I still think that even with a kickass system at home 3D still belongs on the theater screens.

It's interesting to see how the technology is evolving though.

Zombie said...

still pretty expensive...

frameaj1 said...

3D is meh imo, gets old after 10mins

Brandon Sample said...

3D T.V. doesn't really interest me and I think it will just be a fad that people will grow tired of.

Jay said...

seems reasonable enough.

neo.enviro said...

I like 3D but I'm going to hold off until 3D content becomes more of the norm, there's simply not enough content in 3D to justify the price, for me.

xTdub said...

3D is still too expensive for what it is, IMO.

Anonymous said...

Too bad the things still won't fit over my normal glasses.

seTHCox said...

Must have glasses like that :D

LeX said...

This is a must have :)

Adam said...

Christ, I wish they'd just do the work and get rid of the glasses. No way I'm buying a 3D TV until that happens.

Lenny said...

looks great!

http://le-nerd.blogspot.com/

MRanthrope said...

I'm a huge Samsung fan, but i'm anti-3D to the core.

n0kS Phr33d0m said...

Wow. But too expensive for me.

BM said...

looks good, im gonna have to buy it