What Will Apple Announce at Their Music-Centric September 1 Event?
Apple has finally made their September event official, and it's coming sooner than many expected—the "special event" will be held September 1 in San Francisco, and from the look of things it's going to involve music.
Some possible announcements:
• New, Facetime-ready iPod Touches?
• A 1.7" touch screen iPod Shuffle? (And some cases to add gas to the speculation havealready started popping up.)
• The feverishly anticipated cloud-enhanced iTunes?
• The long-rumored $99 Apple TV?
• 99 cent TV show rentals through Apple TV?
The Apple-sound-hole-guitar suggests that Apple's music making products might get updates—perhaps new versions of Logic and Garage Band? I certainly wouldn't mind if they were overhauled to take advantage of the Magic Trackpad's multitouch goodness. Or how about Garage Band for the iPad? Hell, I'd just take some news on the iPad's jump to iOS 4.whatever.
And perhaps at this event we'll finally find out the answer to the mystifying question: Why on Earth did Lady Gaga visit the Apple offices? If Gaga and Steve Jobs appeared on stage together, the combined reality distortion would be so great that I'm not sure our planet would ever recover.